Monday, July 14, 2014

Return to the roads

It has been a busy month and  running has taken a back seat to catching up with long lost friends and sitting on the beach with a cold cider, not a bad trade off but it is time to get off my beach chair and get the running sneaks back on.

That being said, the Maine Half Marathon is 12 weeks away, thus begins my first foray into a training plan. After a quick once over of a few plans I settled on this one which allows me to integrate my hockey nights in as cross training. I start tonight with my cross training/ hockey at 8pm and am looking to get the word out about my Tuesday morning speed workouts so Amity Island Running Club members can join me if they'd like. I'm interested to see if I can stick with this, as with any training, it'll be better if I get some folks to join in. This schedule will also give me a chance to update my blog more since I will be experimenting with interval training and tempo runs for the first time since college. To be continued.....





No comments:

Post a Comment