Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 2 Breakdown

This was a harrowing week for my running, temps were coming in the 10's, my schedule was jam packed and I found it difficult to get my 3 runs in. If I can pull myself out of bed earlier in the mornings I could get in the 3-4 that I'm aiming for  but it's just so damn cozy on those cold winter mornings! 

I managed 2 runs despite the cold and craziness and it certainly felt good to get those in even though both were on the treadmill, I hate being a giant hamster in a wheel, guess it's time to put on my big girl tights and get outside! I upped my speed a bit on the treadmill and once I got into a rhythm I was pretty solid.....then my iPad lost the wifi connection and my focus was gone, I do so enjoy running while watching an episode of one show or another, I feel the time pass a bit faster when I'm caught up in the politics of vampire/ human interaction in Louisiana  or catching up on the Stuff You Missed in History Class Podcast. I find myself setting my run times based on the running time of episodes, unless of course I'm kickin' it to my running playlist which jumps from Mary J Blige to the Honkey Tonk Angels and over to P!nk and Neon Trees.

The Vineyard 20 Miler is fast approaching, just over a month to go..... I feel I'll be ready to do my 10, worst case scenario: my legs hate me for a few days. I'm aiming for 1:35. I think 1:40 is more realistic but I'd really like to set a goal that's a touch out of my reach rather than one I know I can hit. We'll see on the 15th......


No comments:

Post a Comment